Monday, March 10, 2008

Campaign for Real Beauty

A friend once showed this to me and since then Dove has created a second ad, which I love just as much as the first. It's refreshing to see a company put time and emphasis into honest advertising. I believe our view of real beauty has been completely distorted by doctored photos, quick fix pills, and plastic surgery, along with many other over-marketed strategies to make you thin and "beautiful". Each video takes only a minute, I encourage you to watch... and I'm anxious for your comments!

4 comments:

Valeri said...

That's so funny because just recently I've thought a lot about Chloe and the world and how easy society's pressures and "requirements" for being "beautiful" could (down the road) take hold of her if I don't do my part in teaching her what true beauty is. It's scary, isn't it? Thanks for sharing...

dave and melissa said...

hey stef becky gave me your blog. hope all is great. your house is so cute

kristi said...

you don't know me...just popped on here from chip and cherie's page. i just really like your background and template. will you share where you got it? kristi (cherie's cousin)

kristi said...

oops. found it. glad i ran into your site! i don't like to snoop around too much but do like to look at blog skins. didn't scroll down far enough to see your links the first time. very cute blog. thanks. kristi