Sunday, November 18, 2007

Okay, here are more pictures from my weekend with the fam. Our time together was packed with fun events. We had a Bunko party the first night, then some of us ran a 5K race the next morning. Sofa and Aunt Kristie won 3rd place for their age groups!! I got 5th, not bad for my first race! There were over 3,000 people there so it was a little crowded! After the race we had a picnic lunch and played a game of baseball... Grandpa did really well! Since we can't get together for the holidays, we celebrated Thanksgiving and Christmas early. All in all, it was a great weekend with yummy food, gift giving, oh, and the auction! Every Thanksgiving we have a family auction with items each person provides, either homemade or store bought, then with the money from the auction we go do something fun as a family. This year we raked in over $400, thanks to Grandma Mom and Grandpa Boppie!! But my favorite piece was a painting my dad did of a Bald Eagle, I threw in the picture of it. It was so neat! I really wanted it, but couldn't afford to keep bidding... maybe someday he'll paint his own daughter a picture!!!

No comments: